Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cowboy Coffeee?


Was up early today, and wasted most of my morning on homework and workwork but did manage to get some productive time in on the net listening to some vintage Chuck Berry while searching through my vast library of photos.

Whenever I need to go to my "happy place" I quite enjoy randomly flipping through the 50K plus images I have and remembering the trips associated with the pics. Here I had a big pot of cowboy coffee going while camped out along the Graham River. We were building a spike camp and spent an enjoyable ten days swinging hammers, swatting mosquitoes and generally enjoying the life of a layabout woodsman.

While living in the northern Rockies is great for short stretches, I could see where it could substantially shorten one's life and not just from the many pitfalls associated with living with large carnivores outside your tent, but more likely from drinking the vile brew contained within the pot pictured above.

Must dash off to work now. Two more TESL classes and I'm through. My first act of freedom will be to get back to treating this blog with the respect it deserves. Til then, my friends, shalom.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Frank, looks like you have found a new way to torment poor readers with tall tails. I am sorry I found this site. Now I will have to waste a large amount of time checking out the latest adventures of Fearless Frank. Take care, Kelly S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly - good to hear from you. I've got a bunch of video I wanted to share with you. Us kicking it old school in Sparwood? and Wells Gray.

    Off to a seminar for the rest of the week but would like to catch up with you on my return.

    Also in Vancouver on the 9th of Feb - so maybe a chance to get together for a coffee?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Ever since old Rebel rolled on me and I've been strapped to this old hospital bed I've enjoyed whatever posts come my way.